Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 11:19:13 +0200
From: Olaf Rühenbeck <olaf@...henbeck.org>
To: fulldisclosure@...lists.org
Subject: Re: [FD] Peeling the onion: Almost everyone involved in developing
 Tor was (or is) funded by the US government | PandoDaily

Hey there,

> Funding doubled, so engineering some back doors?
I guess what you might be witnessing here is the fact that theres not
one "big bad us gov", but multiple partys which might or might not
agree on mass survilance and collection. Therefore one party is funding
research in anonymization software to help protect free speech whilst
the other party is trying to subvert it.
As somebody funding a project usually has a agenda, it might not always
be the obvious or the "evil" ;)
> [...]
> That same year, Tor lined up an unknown amount funding from the
> Broadcasting Board of Governors to finance fast exit nodes.
>
> http://pando.com/2014/07/16/tor-spooks/
Well...

<paranoia> Even the NSA might like to have tor around for some
"cybering" Maybe they didn't like that it was that slow to
work with... :p</paranoia>

Bzmmm

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (820 bytes)