Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 10:42:47 +0200
From: Mehdi Talbi <talbimehdi@...il.com>
To: fulldisclosure@...lists.org
Subject: [FD] [TOOL] Haka v0.2 release!

Hi list,

We are proud to announce the second release of Haka - An open source
security
oriented language which allows to describe network protocols and apply
security
policies on (live) captured traffic.

Haka is based on Lua and allows to write security rules in order to
filter, alter (on the fly), drop, and/or create new packets and inject them.

This new version features a new grammar to specify network protocols and
their
underlying state machine. The resulting specification generates a parser and
provides read/write access to the protocol fields. So no more time wasting
with tedious an error-prone coding of protocol dissectors.

Haka is embedded into a framework which includes multiple packet capture
modules
to read packet either from a packet trace file (pcap) or from a network
interface
(pcap, netfilter queue). It also provides logging and alerting modules to
report
suspicious activities. Haka has a modular framework, so you can extend it
with
your favorite modules and build a custom intrusion detection engine or a
network
forensics tool.

Haka is available for download at http://haka-security.org where you can
also
find a full documentation (user guide, reference guide and a developer
guide)
with a lot of tutorials. We provide also a live ISO image that ships with up
to date binaries and a workhsop to dive into Haka.

Your contributions are welcome through our github account
https://github.com/haka-security/haka.

Fore more news, follow @hakasecurity on twitter.

Regards,