Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 15:53:10 -0500
From: Joey Fowler <joey@...blr.com>
To: David Leo <david.leo@...sen.co.uk>
Cc: fulldisclosure@...lists.org, bugs@...uritytracker.com,
	bugtraq@...urityfocus.com, cve-assign@...re.org
Subject: Re: [FD] Major Internet Explorer Vulnerability - NOT Patched

Hi David,

"nice" is an understatement here.

I've done some testing with this one and, while there *are* quirks, it most
definitely works. It even bypasses standard HTTP-to-HTTPS restrictions.

As long as the page(s) being framed don't contain X-Frame-Options headers
(with `deny` or `same-origin` values), it executes successfully. Pending
the payload being injected, most Content Security Policies are also
bypassed (by injecting HTML instead of JavaScript, that is).

It looks like, through this method, all viable XSS tactics are open!

Nice find!

Has this been reported to Microsoft outside (or within) this thread?

--
Joey Fowler
Senior Security Engineer, Tumblr