Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 08:30:13 +0200
From: Ferenc Spala <ferenc.spala@...ktivity.com>
To: fulldisclosure@...lists.org
Subject: [FD] Hacktivity 2015 CFP

Hi all,

Please find our CFP below - would be great to see many submissions from you
;)

[ == Hacktivity 2015 Call For Papers == ]

Conference: October 9-10, 2015

CFP closing date: June 30, 2015

CFP notification to authors: July 31, 2015

Venue: Budapest, Hungary

Web: https://hacktivity.com

Email: cfp _!{at}!_ hacktivity.com

Twitter: @hacktivityconf

Hacktivity is the leading hacking conference in Hungary. Hacktivity brings
together representatives of the information security fields. We share
knowledge in informal, educational, and highly technical forms.

[ = Call For Contributions/Speakers = ]

We accept the following formats of submission: either a conference, or a
hello workshop.

[ == Talk / Conference / Presentation / Paper == ]

Business as usual. The Hacktivity programm commitee will evaluate
submission from a wide spectrum of IT security topics.

We will favor technical submissions and those with demos.

Please write your slide-deck in English. Your speech can be in English
(favored) or Hungarian. For speakers only speaking Hungarian, a
professional translator will on the fly translate it to English.

As a speaker you can have either a 20-minutes or 40-minutes slot to present
your topic.

[ == Hello workshop == ]

We all know there is a huge difference between observing and achieving.
Real knowledge grows from popping your first shell. Thus in order to help
visitors ramping up, we organize hello workshops. Those are short courses
introducing basic/intermediate IT security skills. Previous years included
topics like:

   -

   Burp Extensions
   -

   Basic malicious PDF analysis
   -

   Rootkit techniques
   -

   SQL injections

A hello workshop has the following requirements:

   -

   participants should acquire a definite and useful piece of knowledge;
   -

   participants bring their own equipment you should calculate with the
   diversity;
   -

   a workshop will not have more than 16 attendees;
   -

   it should fit into 20 plus 20 minutes (observing then executing) from
   preparation to take-aways;
   -

   one workshop will be held approx. 3 times during the two days

[ = Topics = ]

Here are some topics that we are especially interested in:

Vulnerabilities at unexpected territories

   -

   Exploit and their mitigations
   -

   Malware analysis
   -

   Blue Team techniques / operation
   -

   Big Data / Cloud / APT / any_fancy_buzzword - What’s the big deal? Are
   there any / What are the new threats?
   -

   Extraordinary stories of #FAIL
   -

   Any research which brings something brand new to the security world

This list is non limitative. Feel free to submit your security research.

[ = How to submit your research = ]

Please fill out our CFP application form: http://goo.gl/nByDWT

[ = Speaker benefits = ]

Speaker benefits are applicable to every person presenting at least one 40
minute or two 20 minute presentations. If you would like to hold a Hello
workshop and need coverage for travel or accommodation please contact us!

Hacktivity offers speakers accommodation for 2 nights next to the venue of
the conference and cover travel expenses up to 350 EUR.

We may have some flexibility regarding the travel expenses. The travel
contribution is agreed individually with every speaker.

Contact us at cfp _!{at}!_ hacktivity.com

[ = Copyright = ]

As a speaker or workshop presenter you should accept the following use of
your intellectual properties:

Presentations will be recorded and made available on our web site.

To the event a conference paper will be published with
presentation/workshop titles and abstracts, the presenters’ bio and their
photos. The brochures will be distributed at the registration for all
participants of the conference.

Presentations and workshop materials will available on the conference web
page after the event in pdf form.

During the presentation we will take photos and use them in our
publications and will be published on our site.

We are not going to use your materials in any other form mentioned above
without your prior consent.

Cheers,
Ferenc Spala
head of program committee