Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 14:26:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: Vic Vandal <vvandal@...l.com>
To: fulldisclosure@...lists.org
Subject: [FD] CarolinaCon-12 - March 2016 - Call for
 Speakers/Papers/Presenters/Demos

h4x0rs, stuff-breakers, InfoSec pros, g33k girls, international spies, and script kidz,

CarolinaCon-12 will occur on March 4th-6th 2016 in Raleigh NC (USA).  We are now officially accepting speaker/paper/demo submissions for the event.
Yes I know - CC-11 was billed as "the last CarolinaCon as we know it".  That was completely true.  After holding admission cost at $20 forever, rising production costs have forced an increase in admission to $30 to prevent financial loss.  Also there's a new lead organizer and 50% of the staff are new.  That being said....

If you are somewhat knowledgeable in any interesting field of hacking, technology, robotics, science, global thermonuclear war, lock circumvention, etc. (but mostly hacking), and you are interested in presenting at CarolinaCon-12, we cordially invite you to submit your proposal.  Please send;
- your name or handle/alias
- the presentation name/title
- a brief topic abstract (1-2 paragraphs)
- the estimated time-length of your presentation
- a brief bio (100% optional item, but if your talk is chosen it saves the time and trouble of asking for it later)

....via e-mail to:
speakers<at>carolinacon.org

*NOTE: All submissions are due BY January 1, 2016.  However we may be making some early selections again this year from among the submissions, so please be timely if you're committed to being part of the elite cadre of chosen presenters.  We value diversity so please don't hesitate to propose your ideas no matter how outlandish.

If you present at the Con, you will receive;
- free CarolinaCon admission for you and one guest
- one free CarolinaCon-12 T-shirt  (l33t)
- free transportation between RDU airport and the conference hotel (if needed)
- minimal fame, glory, and possibly even notoriety
- mad props and much love from our staff and attendees
- possibly another perk (details still being hashed out based on budget)

ATTENDEES:
If you are interested in attending, watch this space for more details:
www.carolinacon.org
...and don't forget to mark the March 4, 2016 date on your calendar.

If you have any important (as in not-dumb and not-chinese-spam) inquiries about the event you can send email to:
info<at>carolinacon.org

Peace,
Vic