Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2019 12:20:51 -0700
From: Reed Black <reed@...afeword.org>
To: Bhavesh Naik <bhavesh_shouts@...oo.com>,
 Bhavesh Naik via Fulldisclosure <fulldisclosure@...lists.org>
Subject: Re: [FD] Obtaining location using Google maps & JavaScript

Have you tested this?

The Google Maps page header includes "x-frame-options: SAMEORIGIN” which would prevent iframe embedding in every commonly used browser. But even if this control were not in place, browsers implement additional controls. Most significantly, if the page to be embedded in an iframe is on a remote domain, then the parent page is prevented from inspecting iframe content and metadata unless permissions are granted by the embedded page. Most modern browsers also block the embedded portion from html5 canvas reads. This means that even OCR of the rendered canvas should not work.