Date:	Fri, 15 Sep 2006 08:01:49 -0500
From:	Dave Kleikamp <shaggy@...tin.ibm.com>
To:	Udayan Singh <singh.udayan@...il.com>
Cc:	linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org, udayan.singh@....com
Subject: Re: Working in Ext4 FS

On Fri, 2006-09-15 at 11:41 +0530, Udayan Singh wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am interested in working on ext4 development. Have worked on linux
> (driver development) as a part of my job. Also had done some internal
> work on ext2fs (more of knowledge building).
>
> My plan would be to understand the new features that are planned for
> ext4 development. Where can I get this information ?

A wiki page was started, but hasn't been updated in a while:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ext3-devel
It was created before it was decided to branch ext4.  :-)

The archives for this mailing list are probably the most complete
reference.  The gmane archive,
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.ext4 , appears incomplete.
This one looks to be in better shape:
http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-ext4@vger.kernel.org/

The set of patches against 2.6.18-rc6 was recently announced to the
mailing list:
http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-ext4@vger.kernel.org/msg00051.html

I'm working on porting them to 2.6.18-rc6-mm2 and cleaning them up a
little bit.  I'm hoping I get that done later today.

> Then start with some minor contribution.
>
> Would appreciate your suggestions.
>
> Regards,
> Udayan
> -