Date:	Wed, 11 Mar 2009 22:02:10 -0600
From:	Andreas Dilger <adilger@....com>
To:	Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@...com>
Cc:	linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: e2fsprogs w/64-bit patches: make check gets one failure

On Mar 11, 2009  14:53 -0400, Nick Dokos wrote:
> I followed the workflow that Ted described in the following message:
>
>    http://marc.info/?l=linux-ext4&m=123367642710241&w=2
>
> with the patch series from git://github.com/tytso/e2fsprogs-64bit.git
>
> With all the patches in the series file applied, make check gives
> me the following error:

> f_h_reindex: reindex HTREE Directory with different hash seed: failed
> 100 tests succeeded	1 tests failed
> make[1]: *** [check] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/nick/src/e2fsprogs/standard/build/tests'
> make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1

Including the content of the tests/f_h_reindex.failed file might make
the problem obvious.  Possibly it is just some change in the output
format that is causing expect to fail.

> I bisected the series and found that the culprit seems to be
>
>   0024-Miscellaneous-e2fsck-related-64-bit-fixes.patch
>
> Unfortunately, a bunch of later patches don't apply cleanly without
> this one, so the most complete series file that does not get the
> error is the following - uncommenting 0024 gives the error:

Well, "make check" should pass after every patch in the series, so the
fact that later ones do not pass is irrelevant.

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger
Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group