Date:	Tue, 16 Jun 2009 17:38:00 -0500
From:	Eric Sandeen <sandeen@...hat.com>
To:	ext4 development <linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Something wrong with extent-based journal creation

I've been tearing my hair out all day on this and not getting anywhere
yet, so punting to the list ;)

I have a user running mke2fs -t ext4 in a virt guest, and a mount
immediately after that fails.

It fails because the journal inode has an invalide i_extra_isize.

I've narrowed it down to the commit (961306d3) which creates the journal
with extent format; if that's commented out, it works fine.

I can't for the life of me see where the problem is coming from, though.

I thought we'd need a write_inode_new (emphasis on new here) for the
journal inode, but switching to that doesn't help.

I can't reproduce this myself... any ideas or suggestions of where to
look? :)

-Eric