Date:	Thu, 17 Sep 2009 15:13:56 +0200
From:	Jens Kubieziel <maillist@...ieziel.de>
To:	linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org
Subject: git svn clone freezes the pc on ext4

Hi,

I recently changed my /home-partition to ext4 and wanted to clone a SVN
repository. After calling "git svn clone https://...", git began
fetching old revisions and at every try the complete pc freezes. It
doesn't respond to any keyboard presses nor to SysRq. I tried the same
command on different filesystems (ext3, reiser) and with different git
versions. Only git on ext4 causes this freeze.

The system logs have no uncommon messages. I found only:
EXT4 FS on sda3, internal journal on sda3:8
EXT4-fs: deleayed allocation enabled
EXT4-fs: file extents enabled
EXT4-fs: mballoc enabled
EXT4-fs: mounted filesystem with ordered data mode
Linux version is 2.6.28-15 (default installation from Ubuntu jaunty).

How can I find out more about this freeze? Is maybe something known what
causes this? Thanks for any hints.

--
Jens Kubieziel                                   http://www.kubieziel.de

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (190 bytes)