Date:	Wed, 04 Nov 2009 16:59:14 +0100
From:	Alexey Fisher <bug-track@...her-privat.net>
To:	Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@...il.com>
Cc:	linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: one way to dmesg

Am Mittwoch, den 04.11.2009, 10:46 -0500 schrieb Greg Freemyer:
> On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 10:29 AM, Alexey Fisher
> <bug-track@...her-privat.net> wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, den 04.11.2009, 10:18 -0500 schrieb Greg Freemyer:
> >>
> >> Patches for unified mount messages already exist.  Various versions
> >> have been posted in the last couple months.
> >>
> >> I don't know if they have been accepted yet or not.
> >
> > Can you point me this patch?
> > I found only "add a message in remount/umount for ext4"
> > http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/linux-ext4/list/?page=1
>
> Looks like Toshiyuki Okajima is the author.
>
> http://markmail.org/message/ghyjee2krfmgtybt was just posted in the
> last day or two.
>
> That patch only adds the new unified dmesg print to the vfs layer.  I
> think there were other patches that removed the scattered prints from
> the various individual filesystems.

Great, look really nice :)
but this is not all what i mean.
For example fs specific messages: EXT4-fs blabla, if you look to source
you'll see "EXT3 FS" "EXT II FS" (fat is worse), if you need to grep it
will be nightmare. It seems like ext4 is mostly up to date, ext2/3 need
some work. Are there any work on this?

Alexey