Date:	Wed, 11 May 2011 21:59:06 +0300
From:	Amir Goldstein <amir73il@...il.com>
To:	"Theodore Ts'o" <tytso@....edu>
Cc:	linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: The new ext4 git tree re-org

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 4:56 PM, Theodore Ts'o <tytso@....edu> wrote:

> I've uploaded an updated dev branch to the ext4 tree.  Compared to the
> previous version of dev branch, I've removed my modified version of
> Allison's "NULL pointer when make_indexed_dir returns -ENOSPC" patch,
> and I've added Amir's alloc_semp removal patches.  I'm still in the
> process of reviewing those patches; I've included them to make it easier
> for I and others to test them.

I have a general question regarding testing for next merge window.
What kernel do you usually use when testing the dev branch?
I started writing an xfstest to test online resize and filesystem
filling in parallel, based on test 224 (Delayed allocation at ENOSPC test).
I started running test 224 on a kernel built from ext4/master
and it seemed to run too slow. looking at the waiting tasks
it looked like it could be related to I/O less throttling.
Since ext4/master is based on 2.6.39-rc3, I figured maybe I am running
a buggy kernel, so I merged 2.6.39-rc7 to ext4/master to build a new kernel.

Am I going in the right direction at all?
I have a dedicated server for tests (X64_64 quad core), so it you would
like me to run some xfstest runs with specific configuration, or certain
patches applied, please let me know.