Date:	Mon, 16 May 2011 12:59:56 +0300
From:	Amir Goldstein <amir73il@...il.com>
To:	Jan Kara <jack@...e.cz>
Cc:	"Ted Ts'o" <tytso@....edu>, Eric Sandeen <sandeen@...hat.com>,
	Ext4 Developers List <linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org>,
	linux-fsdevel <linux-fsdevel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Regression with ext4 in kernel 2.6.39-rc7? (Was: testing ext4
 master branch)

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 12:43 PM, Jan Kara <jack@...e.cz> wrote:
> On Sat 14-05-11 13:16:25, Amir Goldstein wrote:
>> Sent from my iPhone

>> >Well, anyway, the regression has to be from commit  21f97697:
>> >
>> >ext4: remove unnecessary [cm]time update of quota file
>> >
>> >because before that commit ext4_quota_off() was too short to
>> >have a bug at ext4_quota_off+0x42/0xd0.
>> >
>> >Jan, where are you? don't make me debug this...
>>
>> So I guess that Jan's patch is missing
>> If (!inode)
>>     goto out;
>  Exactly, that is it. I cannot trigger the problem anymore with the patch.
> I just wonder how come you've spotted the problem because test 232 does not
> trigger the problem for me -

It does not surprise me.
As I wrote earlier, my system (Ubuntu 11.4) is behaving strange.
Some tests fail the fsck at the end, because the filesystem fails to umount
immediately after the test (lsof shows nothing and manual umount succeeds).
It's probably the cause for 232 test to fail (even after the crash was fixed)
and the cause for quotaoff to be called without quotaon in test 232 on
my system.