Date:	Wed, 2 May 2012 15:29:44 +0800
From:	Zheng Liu <gnehzuil.liu@...il.com>
To:	Theodore Ts'o <tytso@....edu>
Cc:	linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org, "Darrick J. Wong" <djwong@...ibm.com>
Subject: Re: Update of e2fsprogs pu branch and ext4 dev branch

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 05:16:47PM -0400, Theodore Ts'o wrote:

> I have updated the pu ("proposed updates") branch of e2fsprogs to
> include the metadata checksum and inline data patches rebased against
> the lastest changes in the e2fsprogs repository.  Note that these
> patches have not been fully reviewed yet, and are still subject to
> change!  In particular, the metadata checksum patches still have the
> issue with the jbd2 checksuming code breaking 64-bit block numbers, and
> inline data branches are causing a regression test failure.  I've
> integrated them into the pu branch to make it easier for me to review
> and test these changes, and so that other developers can see what is
> going on.
>
> I also had to make some changes to the last inline data patch so that it
> would apply given the changes which the metadata checksum patch series
> had made to e2fsck/pass2.c.  I am not sure I did all off those changes
> correctly, and I'd invite Darrick and Zheng to take a look at them to
> make sure I didn't really screw something up.

I review these patches and it looks good to me.

BTW, I have noticed that in current mainline kernel,
EXT4_FEATURE_INCOMPAT_INLINEDATA is set to 0x8000.  So I will change it
in e2fsprogs.  Meanwhile, I will add inline_data option into ext4dev in
mke2fs.conf.  Later I will send the patch to the mailing list.

Regards,
Zheng