Date:	9 Aug 2012 01:00:58 -0400
From:	"George Spelvin" <linux@...izon.com>
To:	linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org, linux@...izon.com, tytso@....edu
Subject: Re: Exciting :-( adventures in metadata checksumming

I think indeed it was a RAM issue.  After some cache-flushing, e2fsck
on the file system with the checksum errors reported no errors, even
though there wasn't even a reboot in between.

(Then I discovered the "e2fsck -F" flag, which would have been
a lot simpler than what I did instead.  Oh, well.)

Looking in the BIOS, I found some suspicious timing parameters that
might be responsible, and reset them to stock.  I'll know for sure if
the problem stays away for a month, but in the mean time, thank you
everyone for your help and patience, and consider the matter
resolved unless I find more problems.

Sorry for the false alarm.