Date:	Thu, 16 Aug 2012 11:37:57 +0200
From:	Jan Kara <jack@...e.cz>
To:	xfs@....sgi.com
Cc:	dmonakhov@...nvz.org, linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Test 272 fails for ext3

  Hello,

  I was looking into why test 272 from xfstests fails for ext3 and the
reason is that ext3 does not support direct IO to file with enabled data
journalling (open returns EINVAL because ->direct_IO callback is not
specified). So I was thinking how to accomodate this fact in the test -
the best I found was to just check using xfs_io whether O_DIRECT open
succeeds and perform the test only in that case. Attached patch does this
or do people have other ideas?

								Honza

PS: Sending again with correct list address. I'm sorry for unnecessary email.
--
Jan Kara <jack@...e.cz>
SUSE Labs, CR

View attachment "0001-Make-test-272-work-for-ext3.patch" of type "text/x-patch" (1000 bytes)