Date:	Tue, 02 Apr 2013 23:49:32 +0400
From:	Dmitry Monakhov <dmonakhov@...nvz.org>
To:	Christian Kujau <lists@...dbynature.de>,
	Zheng Liu <gnehzuil.liu@...il.com>
Cc:	CAI Qian <caiqian@...hat.com>, Theodore Ts'o <tytso@....edu>,
	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	linux-s390 <linux-s390@...r.kernel.org>,
	Steve Best <sbest@...hat.com>, linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: s390x: kernel BUG at fs/ext4/inode.c:1591! (powerpc too!)

On Tue, 2 Apr 2013 12:07:37 -0700 (PDT), Christian Kujau <lists@...dbynature.de> wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Apr 2013 at 20:33, Zheng Liu wrote:
> > Could you please revert your tree to this commit (3a225670), and try
> > again. I want to make sure that the regression won't be fixed until now
> > or it is introduced after this commit.
>
> I have git-revert'ed this commit and the same BUG_ON was triggered again.
> I could not bring "fsstress" to trigger this but resuming this 4.3 GB
> Fedora DVD image via bittorrent made the machine crash after a couple of
> minutes.
>
> Sadly the only message netconsole is able to catch is this single line
> from the subject above, but I'll try to apply the proposed patches[0] and
> see if it helps anything.
Ok if netconsole can't log in case of BUG_ON then we just skip panic :)
Please use following patch instead of enable_ES_AGGRESSIVE_TEST.diff

View attachment "0001-enable-ES_AGGRESSIVE_TEST-V2.patch" of type "text/x-patch" (2089 bytes)

So once you hit the bug it will print a lot of warnings and try to
pretend what nothing is happens.

So my predictions is follows:
1) with enable_ES_AGGRESSIVE_TEST-V2.diff patch you will see a lot of
warnings

2) with enable_ES_AGGRESSIVE_TEST-V2.diff and
   http://nerdbynature.de/bits/3.9.0-rc4/ext4/disable-es_lookup_extent.patch

   Issue probably will go away (will be hidden)