Date:	Wed, 12 Jun 2013 12:20:26 +0000 (UTC)
From:	Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho <felipemonteiro.carvalho@...il.com>
To:	linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Beginner questions about ext4

Hello,

I am starting with ext4 development, so I have lot's of questions =)

1> About ext4 feature FLEX_BG, I see that it merges multiple
groups in 1 group, but I wonder how this makes sense...
In ext3 did each block group contain always 1 block?
If not, then how many?
And if not, how does that differ from FLEX_BG?

2> I see that the number of groups inside a flexible group is
given by 2^sb.s_log_groups_per_flex but:
a> Every single group is a flexible group or some are and some now?
b> This number is the same for all flexible groups?

3> Could anyone be kind enough to post the full path which is done
to find data in a given file?
I already found inode.i_block .... wonder what are the other links between
things, like for example between a group and inodes, etc...

thanks,

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho

PS: I need to restrict each line to 80 chars because of gmane,
sorry for that =(