Date:	Fri, 30 Aug 2013 16:10:42 +0200
From:	Toralf Förster <toralf.foerster@....de>
To:	"J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@...ldses.org>
CC:	richard -rw- weinberger <richard.weinberger@...il.com>,
	"J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@...hat.com>,
	"user-mode-linux-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net"
	<user-mode-linux-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net>,
	Linux Kernel <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	Jan Kara <jack@...e.cz>, linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [uml-devel] Issues with a rather unusual configured NFS server

On 08/29/2013 03:30 PM, J. Bruce Fields wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 11:57:45AM +0200, richard -rw- weinberger wrote:

>>> Yes.
>>>
>>> With the attached patch the problem can't be reproduced any longer with
>>> the prepared test case and current git kernels.
>>
>> BTW: Is nobody else fuzz testing NFS?
>
> I don't know.  Toralf's reports are the only ones I recall off the top
> of my head, but I may have forgotten others.

well, 7255e71 and 3c50ba8 I'd say.

>> Or are these bugs just more likely to hit on UML?

This definitely not. I observed at a real system EXT4 corruptions/
issues but reported them to the EXT4 mailing list.
It just took me a longer time to figure out a reliable configuration
with 2 UML machiens to automatic bisect it.

> That's also possible.
>
>> This is not the first NFS issue found by Toralf using UML and Trinity.
>
> Yep.  The testing is definitely appreciated.

Thx - in the mean while although my UML bisect scripts are working fine
and trinity is stable enough even in UML environments to be trust worth.

--
MfG/Sincerely
Toralf Förster