Date:	Thu, 7 Jan 2016 11:02:29 +0000
From:	"HUANG Weller (CM/ESW12-CN)" <Weller.Huang@...bosch.com>
To:	Jan Kara <jack@...e.cz>
CC:	"linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org" <linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org>,
	"Li, Michael" <huayil@....qualcomm.com>
Subject: RE: ext4 out of order when use cfq scheduler

Yes. You are right.
 The "old file contents" means that the disk blocks which the contents is generated from last test round, and they are allocated to a new file in new test round.

> OK, so I was looking into the code and indeed, reality is correct and my mental
> model was wrong! ;) I thought that inode gets added to the list of inodes for which
> we need to wait for data IO completion during transaction commit during block
> allocation. And I was wrong. It used to happen in
> mpage_da_map_and_submit() until commit f3b59291a69d (ext4: remove calls to
> ext4_jbd2_file_inode() from delalloc write path) where it got removed. And that was
> wrong because although we submit data writes before dropping handle for
> allocating transaction and updating i_size, nobody guarantees that data IO is not
> delayed in the block layer until transaction commit.
> Which seems to happen in your case. I'll send a fix. Thanks for your report and
> persistence!

Thanks a lot for your feedback :-)
Because I am not familiar with the detail of the ext4 internal code.  I will try to understand your explanation which you describe above.  And have a look on related funcations.
Could you send the fix in this mail ?
And whether the kernel 3.14 also have such issue, right ?