Date:   Fri, 16 Dec 2016 14:25:09 -0800
From:   Eric Biggers <ebiggers3@...il.com>
To:     Theodore Ts'o <tytso@....edu>
Cc:     linux-fsdevel@...r.kernel.org, jaegeuk@...nel.org,
        ebiggers@...gle.com, mhalcrow@...gle.com, richard@....at,
        linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org, linux-f2fs@...r.kernel.org
 fscrypt

On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 05:04:19PM -0500, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 12:53:30PM -0800, Eric Biggers wrote:
> > Sounds great!
> >
> > I guess it will be "fscrypt" and not "fscrypto"?  There has been some confusion
> > about which term to use but it seems to be settling on "fscrypt".
>
> It was originally fscrypt, but then fscrypto crept in when we
> refactored the out to the fs/crypto directory from fs/ext4.  I was
> planning on cleaning that up before we had too many file systems users
> of fscrypt that we would need to synchronzie with, but it'll be easier
> to do this as a separate git tree.  We can either do it at the very
> beginning of the merge window (and have all of the file systems pull
> the change into fs/crypt), or I can work with Linus to do it right
> after the next next merge window closes.
>
> My preferences would be for the former, given where we are in the
> development cycle.

I'm fine with fscrypt.  With regards to the cleanup, are you referring to
renaming the header fscrypto.h to fscrypt.h?  Fortunately there aren't a lot
places that "fscrypto" actually appears in the tree --- basically just that
header, the module name, a couple log messages, and the MAINTAINERS file:

	MAINTAINERS:FS-CRYPTO: FILE SYSTEM LEVEL ENCRYPTION SUPPORT
	MAINTAINERS:F:  include/linux/fscrypto.h
	fs/crypto/Makefile:obj-$(CONFIG_FS_ENCRYPTION)  += fscrypto.o
	fs/crypto/Makefile:fscrypto-y := crypto.o fname.o policy.o keyinfo.o
	fs/crypto/Makefile:fscrypto-$(CONFIG_BLOCK) += bio.o
	fs/crypto/fscrypt_private.h:#include <linux/fscrypto.h>
	fs/crypto/keyinfo.c:            pr_warn_once("fscrypto: unsupported contents encryption mode "
	fs/crypto/keyinfo.c:            pr_warn_once("fscrypto: unsupported filenames encryption mode "
	fs/crypto/keyinfo.c:    pr_warn_once("fscrypto: unsupported file type %d for inode %lu\n",
	fs/ext4/ext4.h:#include <linux/fscrypto.h>
	fs/ext4/page-io.c:#include <linux/fscrypto.h>
	fs/f2fs/f2fs.h:#include <linux/fscrypto.h>
	fs/ubifs/ubifs.h:#include <linux/fscrypto.h>
	include/linux/fscrypto.h:#ifndef _LINUX_FSCRYPTO_H
	include/linux/fscrypto.h:#define _LINUX_FSCRYPTO_H
	include/linux/fscrypto.h:#endif /* _LINUX_FSCRYPTO_H */

Eric