Date:   Tue, 27 Mar 2018 08:58:38 +0700
From:   Somchai Smythe <buraphalinuxserver@...il.com>
To:     linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org
Subject: e2fsprogs-1.44.1 f_bigalloc_badinode f_bigalloc_orphan_list failed

The new e2fsprogs-1.44.1 release has two failures of self-tests for me:

f_bigalloc_badinode
f_bigalloc_orphan_list

I have attached the logs for those tests since gmail destroys anything
with long lines.  They both have this error instead of the expected
output (if the list won't take attachments):

../e2fsck/e2fsck: Attempt to read block from filesystem resulted in
short read while trying to open test.img
Could this be a zero-length partition?
Exit status is 8

My environment:

gcc 7.3.0
glibc 2.27
binutils 2.30
not multilib AMD64 64 bit system
linux 4.15.12 kernel (unmodified) with these config items set:
CONFIG_DCACHE_WORD_ACCESS=y
CONFIG_FS_IOMAP=y
CONFIG_EXT2_FS=y
CONFIG_EXT2_FS_XATTR=y
CONFIG_EXT2_FS_POSIX_ACL=y
CONFIG_EXT2_FS_SECURITY=y
CONFIG_EXT3_FS=m
CONFIG_EXT3_FS_POSIX_ACL=y
CONFIG_EXT3_FS_SECURITY=y
CONFIG_EXT4_FS=y
CONFIG_EXT4_FS_POSIX_ACL=y
CONFIG_EXT4_FS_SECURITY=y
CONFIG_EXT4_ENCRYPTION=y
CONFIG_EXT4_FS_ENCRYPTION=y
CONFIG_EXT4_DEBUG=y
CONFIG_JBD2=y
CONFIG_JBD2_DEBUG=y
CONFIG_FS_MBCACHE=y

./configure \
  --prefix=/usr \
  --mandir=/usr/man \
  --infodir=/usr/info \
  --sbindir=/sbin \
  --bindir=/bin \
  --libdir=/lib \
  --sysconfdir=/etc \
  --localstatedir=/var \
  --disable-uuidd \
  --disable-elf-shlibs \
  --disable-libblkid \
  --disable-libuuid \
  --enable-symlink-build \
  --enable-symlink-install \
  --enable-relative-symlinks \
  --disable-fsck \
  --disable-e2initrd-helper \
  --disable-rpath \
  --disable-nls \
  --enable-verbose-makecmds \
  --enable-threads=posix

Are these tests passing for everyone else (make check)?  What other
information do I need to send (if any)?

Download attachment "f_bigalloc_badinode.failed" of type "application/octet-stream" (1320 bytes)

Download attachment "f_bigalloc_orphan_list.failed" of type "application/octet-stream" (1344 bytes)