Date:   Sun, 29 Dec 2019 14:58:21 +0800
From:   xiaohui li <lixiaohui1@...omi.corp-partner.google.com>
To:     "Theodore Y. Ts'o" <tytso@....edu>
Cc:     Ext4 Developers List <linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: the side effect of enlarger max mount count in ext4 superblock

hi ted :

thank you,  sorry for my late reply.

shall the e2fsck tool can be divided into two parts ?
one part only do the full data consistency check work, focus on
checking if data has inconsistency just when ext4 filesystem has been
frozen or very few IO activities are going on.
and the other part can be doing the actual repair work if data
inconsistent  has encountered.

but i wonder if some problems will happen if doing the full data
consistency checking online, without ext4 filesystem umount.
so even if very few io activities are going on,  the data checking
can't be implemented. just because some file data may be in memory,
not in disk.
so the data consistency checking only can be started when ext4
filesystem has been frozen from my viewpoint, at least at this moment,
file data can be returned back to disk as much as possible.

is my idea showed above right ? thanks if some one give some suggestions on it.
i will investigate the time and frequency of ext4 filesystem frozen on
android system if my idea above is right.