lists.openwall.net   lists  /  announce  owl-users  owl-dev  john-users  john-dev  passwdqc-users  yescrypt  popa3d-users  /  oss-security  kernel-hardening  musl  sabotage  tlsify  passwords  /  crypt-dev  xvendor  /  Bugtraq  Full-Disclosure  linux-kernel  linux-netdev  linux-ext4  linux-hardening  PHC 
Open Source and information security mailing list archives
 
Hash Suite for Android: free password hash cracker in your pocket
[<prev] [next>] [<thread-prev] [thread-next>] [day] [month] [year] [list]
Date:   Wed, 26 Feb 2020 17:48:38 -0500
From:   Jeff Moyer <jmoyer@...hat.com>
To:     ira.weiny@...el.com
Cc:     linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
        Alexander Viro <viro@...iv.linux.org.uk>,
        "Darrick J. Wong" <darrick.wong@...cle.com>,
        Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@...el.com>,
        Dave Chinner <david@...morbit.com>,
        Christoph Hellwig <hch@....de>,
        "Theodore Y. Ts'o" <tytso@....edu>, Jan Kara <jack@...e.cz>,
        linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org, linux-xfs@...r.kernel.org,
        linux-fsdevel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [PATCH V4 00/13] Enable per-file/per-directory DAX operations V4

Hi, Ira,

ira.weiny@...el.com writes:

> From: Ira Weiny <ira.weiny@...el.com>
>
> https://github.com/weiny2/linux-kernel/pull/new/dax-file-state-change-v4
>
> Changes from V3: 
> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20200208193445.27421-1-ira.weiny@intel.com/
>
> 	* Remove global locking...  :-D
> 	* put back per inode locking and remove pre-mature optimizations
> 	* Fix issues with Directories having IS_DAX() set
> 	* Fix kernel crash issues reported by Jeff
> 	* Add some clean up patches
> 	* Consolidate diflags to iflags functions
> 	* Update/add documentation
> 	* Reorder/rename patches quite a bit

I left out patches 1 and 2, but applied the rest and tested.  This
passes xfs tests in the following configurations:
1) MKFS_OPTIONS="-m reflink=0" MOUNT_OPTIONS="-o dax"
2) MKFS_OPTIONS="-m reflink=0"
   but with the added configuration step of setting the dax attribute on
   the mounted test directory.

I also tested to ensure that reflink fails when a file has the dax
attribute set.  I've got more testing to do, but figured I'd at least
let you know I've been looking at it.

Thanks!
Jeff

Powered by blists - more mailing lists