Date:   Fri, 28 May 2021 08:36:17 -0400
From:   Peter Geis <pgwipeout@...il.com>
To:     tytso@....edu, adilger.kernel@...ger.ca
Cc:     linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org,
Subject: ext4_xattr_ibody_find:2180: inode #2669312: comm systemd-journal:
 corrupted in-inode xattr

Good Morning,

I have run into a fun issue where I have the follow error on boot,
which causes the device to drop to read only mode:
ext4_xattr_ibody_find:2180: inode #2669312: comm systemd-journal:
corrupted in-inode xattr
It marks the file system as unclean, which forces a fsck, but it seems
that even as of v1.46.2 e2fsprogs does not have the ability to resolve
this issue.
Any attempts to touch the corrupted files (I've found two so far)
leads to the same error, and I cannot find a way to remove or repair
the affected inodes without wiping the entire file system.

Any insight you can provide would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Peter Geis