Date:   Tue, 22 Feb 2022 10:48:35 +0800
From:   Gao Xiang <hsiangkao@...ux.alibaba.com>
To:     "Theodore Y. Ts'o" <tytso@....edu>
Cc:     Shyam Prasad N <nspmangalore@...il.com>,
        David Howells <dhowells@...hat.com>,
        Steve French <smfrench@...il.com>, linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org,
        Jeffle Xu <jefflexu@...ux.alibaba.com>,
        bo.liu@...ux.alibaba.com, tao.peng@...ux.alibaba.com
Subject: Re: Regarding ext4 extent allocation strategy

Hi Ted,

Sorry for pinging so quickly since it's quite important for the
container on-demand use cases (maybe other on-demand distribution
use cases as well.) We still prefer this cachefiles way since
its data plane won't cross kernel-userspace boundary when data is
ready (and that's the common cases after data is fetched from
network.)

Many thanks again!
Gao Xiang