Date:   Wed, 12 Apr 2023 19:37:50 +0530
From:   Ritesh Harjani (IBM) <ritesh.list@...il.com>
To:     Christoph Hellwig <hch@...radead.org>
Cc:     "Darrick J. Wong" <djwong@...nel.org>,
        Christoph Hellwig <hch@...radead.org>,
        linux-fsdevel@...r.kernel.org, linux-ext4@...r.kernel.org,
        Jan Kara <jack@...e.cz>, Ojaswin Mujoo <ojaswin@...ux.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [RFCv2 8/8] ext2: Add direct-io trace points

Christoph Hellwig <hch@...radead.org> writes:

> On Tue, Apr 11, 2023 at 08:41:05PM +0530, Ritesh Harjani wrote:
>> Sure. Let me also add a trace event for iomap DIO as well in the next revision.
>> However I would like to keep ext2 dio trace point as is :)
>
> Am I confused, or does this patch only add new trace points anyway?

I meant to keep ext2 trace point as well. One of the reason for
that would be if someone wants to just enable all ext2 related tracing
logs, it would be easier.

$ trace-cmd -e ext2
$ trace-cmd report

But since iomap dio also doesn't have a tracepoint, I am looking to
add that in the next revision.

-ritesh