Date:   Mon, 8 Nov 2021 13:22:07 +0100
From:   Greg KH <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>
To:     Ajay Garg <ajaygargnsit@...il.com>
Cc:     andy@...nel.org, Kees Cook <keescook@...omium.org>,
        akpm@...ux-foundation.org, adobriyan@...il.com,
        Nick Desaulniers <ndesaulniers@...gle.com>,
        linux-hardening@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: RFC for a new string-copy function, using mixtures of strlcpy
 and strscpy

On Mon, Nov 08, 2021 at 08:46:01AM +0530, Ajay Garg wrote:
> Hello everyone.
>
> I recently came across the functions strlcpy and strscpy, and it seems
> something is missing/unclean.
>
> This email is a RFC for another function, by the name "strlscpy".

Wait, why?  We have recently added new string copy functions to resolve
the type of issues you have pointed out.  The kernel is not yet
converted to use them, so why add yet-another-function that also is not
used?

I think you should work with the functions we have _first_ and help
convert the kernel to use them, before adding another one please.

thanks,

greg k-h