Date:	Fri, 14 Jul 2006 07:49:20 -0500 (CDT)
From:	Jima <jima@...r.tclug.org>
To:	Mikael Pettersson <mikpe@...uu.se>
cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, sparclinux@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: 2.6.18-rc1 fails to boot on Ultra 5

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006, Mikael Pettersson wrote:
> (What I wrote previously about my Ultra5 only having one serial
> port connector was wrong; I'm so used to DB9 connectors that I
> mistook the DB25 connector for something else.)

  I figured as much.  I just had to explain that one to an otherwise
very-computer-savvy friend.  He couldn't figure out why he couldn't get
the serial console to work on his Ultra 10, so I told him I'd take a look.
He pulled out his DB9-DB9 null modem cable, and I asked him if he had a
DB25 adapter. He was rather confused...but not for long.
  You can be smart, but it won't help when you need SPARC smarts. :)

      Jima