Date:	Sun, 30 Jul 2006 12:56:04 GMT
From:	Hubert Tonneau <hubert.tonneau@...lpliant.org>
To:	Arjan van de Ven <arjan@...radead.org>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Linux v2.6.18-rc3

Arjan van de Ven wrote:

> Which distribution and glibc version are you using?

This is FullPliant, so not really a Unix like Linux distribution
http://fullpliant.org/

'glibc' is not really used by Pliant which is mostly self contained (issues
direct kernel calls)
but Pliant has to link to 'libld' because Linux is a strange operating system
where loading a DLL is not a kernel function, and it seems that 'libdl' requires
'libc'
As a result, FullPliant picks a fiew executables and DLLs from some Debian
packages at install time.
Also I keep track in a database of each Debian package I select at install time,
it may well not be reliable because the database is not updated if I later
upgrade the system remotely.
The Debian package number I have in the database for glibc is 2.3.2.ds1-18

PS: I made a typo in my previous message: the kernel I have not tested is
2.6.18-rc1, not 2.6.17-rc1