Date:	Mon, 31 Jul 2006 19:56:21 +0200
From:	Adrian Ulrich <reiser4@...nkenlights.ch>
To:	Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@....de>
Cc:	vonbrand@....utfsm.cl, ipso@...ppymail.ca, reiser@...esys.com,
	lkml@...productions.com, jeff@...zik.org, tytso@....edu,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, reiserfs-list@...esys.com
Subject: Re: the " 'official' point of view" expressed by kernelnewbies.org
 regarding reiser4 inclusion

> Well - easy to fix, newfs again with proper inode density (perhaps 1 per
> 2 kB) and redo the migration.

Ehr: Such a migration (on a very busy system) takes *some* time (weeks).
Re-Doing (migrate users back / recreate the FS / start again) the whole
thing isn't really an option..

> Of course you're free to pay for a new
> file system if your fellow admin can't be bothered to remember newfs's
> -i option.

Let's face it: Shit happens and nobody is perfect. A filesystem should
be flexible (modern..) and support Admin/User-needs.

We wouldn't need ECC / Raid / UPS's in a perfect world.

> > Have you ever seen VxFS or WAFL in action?
>
> No I haven't. As long as they are commercial, it's not likely that I
> will.

Why?

NetApp WAFL-Blurb:
 http://www.netapp.com/library/tr/3002.pdf

Maybe we should crop the Cc: list .. this is getting OT.

 -- Adrian