Date:	Thu, 3 Aug 2006 01:16:33 +0200
From:	"J.A. Magallón" <jamagallon@....com>
To:	"Linux-Kernel, " <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Cc:	Alan Cox <alan@...rguk.ukuu.org.uk>
Subject: [2.6.18-rc2-mm1] libata cdroms not automounted

Hi...

Following with my switch to libata for everything...
After latest patches, my burner and dvd work ok, apart from the fact that
they do not get auto-mounted in gnome environment.
udevmonitor shows nothing when a CD is inserted.

More:
- USB sticks work
- IDE ZIP drive works:
UEVENT[1154559818.714967] add@...ock/sda/sda1
UEVENT[1154559820.046948] mount@...ock/sda/sda1
- cdroms work under the old IDE driver (not tested in the same box, but
  with the same software)
- srX cdroms generated by libata do not automount (tested in 2 boxes)

As software is the same in the 3 boxes, and some things work, I suspect
the kernel is not generating the correct events ?
Or is the combo udev+dbus+hal userspace what fails ?
But as udevmonitor shows events for zip drive but none for cdrom, I would
vote against the kernel :)

Someone with a real SCSI cdrom can check if it works ?

Software:
- Linux 2.6.18-rc2-mm1+scsi-media-detection-patch [1]
- udev-096
- dbus-0.91
- hal-0.5.7.1

(mandriva cooker)

More info on demand.

TIA

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=115412002912837&w=2

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon()ono!com>     \               Software is like sex:
                                         \         It's better when it's free