Date:	Wed, 30 Aug 2006 15:22:02 -0700
From:	Piet Delaney <piet@...elane.com>
To:	"Randy.Dunlap" <rdunlap@...otime.net>
Cc:	Piet Delaney <piet@...elane.com>, vgoyal@...ibm.com,
	George Anzinger <george@...dturkeyranch.net>,
	Andrew Morton <akpm@...l.org>,
	"Discussion list for crash utility usage, maintenance and development"
	<crash-utility@...hat.com>, kgdb-bugreport@...ts.sourceforge.net,
	Subhachandra Chandra <schandra@...elane.com>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [RFC] [Crash-utility] Patch to use gdb's bt in crash - works
	great with kgdb! - KGDB in Linus Kernel.

On Wed, 2006-08-30 at 14:53 -0700, Randy.Dunlap wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 14:41:32 -0700 Piet Delaney wrote:

> > > You can run gdb to open core files as of today but the debugging
> > > capability will be limited. For ex. kernel core headers have the info
> > > of linearly mapped region only and they don't contain the virt address
> > > info of non-linearly mapped regions. So one can not debug the non-linearly
> > > mapped regions like modules.
> >
> > Amit's modified gdb might help for that problem. I haven't used
> > it but it allows gdb to load debug information about modules. You
> > can also use a script Amit wrote to explicitly load module info
> > into stock gdb; that also might work with kernel core files.

> > > Can you give some more details on what do you mean by kernel objects
> > > are tweaked with dwarf code.
> >
> > Attached is the cfi_annotations.patch patch from the kgdb-2.6.16 patch
> > which is part of the kgdb patch series. I believe George Anzinger used
> > a similar dwarf patch in the 2.6 mm series patches that Andrew provided.
> > I think Tom Rini wrote both of them.
>
> ENOPATCH

Opps.

-piet

--
Piet Delaney
BlueLane Teck

View attachment "cfi_annotations.patch" of type "text/x-patch" (49789 bytes)