Date:	Fri, 01 Sep 2006 17:50:38 -0400
From:	Andrew Barr <andrew.james.barr@...il.com>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Marvell PATA Controller

I have one of these too, which are unsupported so far:

http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0608.1/0693.html

The PCI IDs on my Intel DG965RY desktop board are exactly the
same--11ab:6101. Is there anything anyone can do to help get the docs to
the right people? Has anyone asked Marvell about Linux support for this
hardware? I was bummed to find that Linux doesn't currently support this
rather pedestrian piece of hardware.

I really don't want to buy SATA optical drives as the two PATA drives I
have now are perfectly good and I've already spent a lot on upgrading my
box.

Thanks,
Andrew Barr

NB: CC'd replies requested. Thanks.