Date:	Sat, 2 Sep 2006 19:49:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:	shogunx <shogunx@...ekfreak.ath.cx>
To:	Matthias Hentges <oe@...tges.net>
cc:	Thomas Glanzmann <sithglan@...d.uni-erlangen.de>,
	Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@...l.org>,
	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: sky2 hangs on me again: This time 200 kb/s IPv4 traffic, not
 easily reproducable

On Sun, 3 Sep 2006, Matthias Hentges wrote:

> Am Samstag, den 02.09.2006, 19:11 -0400 schrieb shogunx:
> > On Sat, 2 Sep 2006, Matthias Hentges wrote:
>
> > > Well, it just crapped out on me again :(
> > >
> > > Sep  2 23:36:13 localhost kernel: NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth2: transmit timed
> > > out
> > > Sep  2 23:36:13 localhost kernel: sky2 hardware hung? flushing
> > >
> > > Only a rmmod / modprobe cycle helps at this point.
> >
> > Really?  What is the error condition causing it?  On my friends lap, which
> > has an integrated sky2, his drops out with a full sustained TX...
> > uploading to another box for example, at about 4-8MB of transfer.  The
> > fix in his case is ifdown eth0 && ifup eth0.  I have
> > yet to see the error occur at all on my ExpressCard device, either with
> > 2.6.18-rc5 or 2.6.17.5.  I built the rc5 as a preemptive measure, but I
> > cannot get it to fail under any conditions.
> >

> I have yet to find a reproduceable way to trigger the bug but I'll try a
> few things tomorrow.
> Currently it appears to be completely ranom. I've loaded the driver w/
> debug=10, maybe it'll give some clues.

Ack.  Awaiting more info.  I pushed it pretty hard last night with both
kernel revisions, scp'ing cd iso images and kernel tarballs back and forth
across the interface, and could not get it to lock.  I am using a 88E8053
chipset.  I'll ask my friend what chipset his is.  Perhaps its a
different bug that is hitting you now...

> --
> Matthias 'CoreDump' Hentges
>
> Webmaster of hentges.net and OpenZaurus developer.
> You can reach me in #openzaurus on Freenode.
>
> My OS: Debian SID. Geek by Nature, Linux by Choice

sleekfreak pirate broadcast
http://sleekfreak.ath.cx:81/

--
VGER BF report: U 0.5