Date:	Wed, 13 Sep 2006 09:00:02 -0500
From:	Mark Reidenbach <m.reidenbach@...rytruckjob.com>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: How to find a sick router with 2.6.17+ and tcp_window_scaling
 enabled

Willy Tarreau wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 02:53:33PM -0500, Mark Reidenbach wrote:
>
>> Willy Tarreau wrote:
>>
>>> He may very well have an IOS based 1600 or equivalent doing a very dirty
>>> NAT.
>>>
>>> Willy
>>>

>> Willy, I am in fact running an IOS based NAT/firewall on a 1811.   It's
>> IOS version 12.3(8)YI1.  Do you know if this version has a "very dirty
>> NAT" implementation?   If you don't, I think I'll just try a few spare
>> home routers and see if their NAT implementation is cleaner than my Cisco's.
>>

> I have absolutely no idea. If they borrowed the session tracking code from
> the PIX, you might have window tracking inside it, which might cause what
> you observe if it's buggy. But that's just supposition from me.
>

>> Mark Reidenbach
>> EveryTruckJob.com
>> M.Reidenbach@...ryTruckJob.com
>> Phone: (205)722-9112
>>

> Regards,
> willy

I'm just posting this as a follow-up in case anyone runs across the same
problem I experienced and couldn't find a solution.  My problem was the
old Cisco IOS [Version 12.3(8)YI1] that came installed on my Cisco 1811
router I purchased in March 2006.   I believe this is still the default
shipping version for this router, so anyone who buys one really needs to
get a Cisco support contract for it from a Cisco reseller so they can
download a new/working IOS [Version 12.4(9)T1 was the most recent as of
this email and was the one I used].