Date:	Thu, 14 Sep 2006 20:47:10 +0800
From:	"Dong Feng" <middle.fengdong@...il.com>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Question on The Timer Interrupt Dispatch

I am not sure whether this phenomena is an hardware-specific wired one
or is a result of some design intent. I observed there is fixed delay
since the init thread entered run_init_process() to the secondary CPU
got the first tick, that is, around 7000 tick.

If I add a sleep_on_timeout(), or a busy-loop before the
run_init_process(), the delay period will not change. So I am confused
because that seems something within the ram disk image trigger the
first tick on the secondary CPU.

Could anyone at least confirm whether this is any design intent?
Thanks in advance.