Date:	Wed, 20 Sep 2006 20:58:05 +0200
From:	CIJOML <cijoml@...ny.cz>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Very slow write on flash drive in sync mode???

Hi,

I use SanDisk cruzer Titanium 2 GB mounted as sync in fstab

usb 4-2: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 5
usb-storage: device found at 5
usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
  Vendor: SanDisk   Model: U3 Titanium       Rev: 2.16
sda: Write Protect is off
sda: Mode Sense: 03 00 00 00
sda: assuming drive cache: write through
sda: Write Protect is off
sda: Mode Sense: 03 00 00 00
sda: assuming drive cache: write through
 sda: sda1
sd 1:0:0:0: Attached scsi removable disk sda
sd 1:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg0 type 0
  Vendor: SanDisk   Model: U3 Titanium       Rev: 2.16
  Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 02
sr0: scsi3-mmc drive: 8x/40x writer xa/form2 cdda tray
sr 1:0:0:1: Attached scsi CD-ROM sr0
sr 1:0:0:1: Attached scsi generic sg1 type 5
usb-storage: device scan complete

/dev/sda1       /mnt/cruzer_sync      vfat    user,noauto,sync
0       0
/dev/sda1       /mnt/cruzer     auto    user,noauto             0       0

When I use flash drive in sync mode, it writes on it only 64kB/s. When I
umount it and mount it in not sync mode but do sync manually after it writes
into memory, kernel writes on flash drive 11 MB/s!!! What is wrong in my
configuration?

Kernel 2.6.18, Debian testing

Thanks for help

Michal