Date:	Thu, 21 Sep 2006 16:35:48 -0400
From:	Robin Getz <rgetz@...ckfin.uclinux.org>
To:	Dave Jones <davej@...hat.com>
Cc:	Dmitry Torokhov <dtor@...ightbb.com>,
	"Randy.Dunlap" <rdunlap@...otime.net>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, Greg KH <gregkh@...e.de>,
	Andrew Morton <akpm@...l.org>
Subject: Re: drivers/char/random.c exported interfaces

Dave Jones pondered:
>Under what circumstances is it desirable to allow INPUT=m ?

I know there are some people using it in their embedded product. I don't
exactly know _why_, but last time I checked it was to ensure that the
kernel was as small as possible - which reduces boot time, and their kernel
flash footprint (kernel and file system are seperate).

The input subsystem is one of the last to be initialized in their system,
so it allows a little more flexibility in their overall system design.

-Robin