Date:	Sun, 24 Sep 2006 13:40:19 -0400
From:	"Ryan Moszynski" <ryan.m.lists@...il.com>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Cc:	"Oliver Neukum" <oliver@...kum.org>, "David Kubicek" <dave@....cz>,
	greg@...ah.com
Subject: Re: /drivers/usb/class/cdc-acm.c patch question, please cc

sorry guys, my bad.

I just compiled 2.6.18 again with my stock config, and everything
worked. With 2.6.15 i had to recompile using the patch and load these
in /etc/modules in order for my card to work at full speed.

######
ohci-hcd
usbserial vendor=0x0c88 product=0x17da maxSize=2048
cdc_acm maxszr=16384 maxszw=2048
#######

however, now, at boot the kernel loads the 'airprime' driver, and
everything works without any manual module loading.  Yay.  2.6.15 had
the airprime driver, but i guess it didn't recognize my card at that
point.

However, to get this(and i would guess any other evdo) card to work,
you still have set up 4 config files:

######
etc/ppp/chap-secrets
etc/ppp/peers/verizon
etc/chatscripts/verizon-connect
etc/chatscripts/verizon-disconnect
#######

which makes it a lot more labor intensive to set up for the first time
than it is in windows, but at least everything works.