Date:	Sun, 24 Sep 2006 13:46:47 +0100
From:	Russell King <rmk+lkml@....linux.org.uk>
To:	Andrew Morton <akpm@...l.org>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: 2.6.18-mm1

On Sun, Sep 24, 2006 at 04:02:15AM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
>  git-arm.patch

It's worth pointing out that something has gone horribly wrong in the
devel branch of this tree, resulting in a load of files being deleted
which shouldn't have been.

Absolutely no idea how that happened, but it's a commit buried behind
lots of other commits and has taken some 4 days to be spotted.  At a
guess, a perl bug where a new associative array somehow manages to pick
up on old values and forget values from previous assignments.

Oddly, running the script in debug mode (where the only things which
don't happen is the git commands get called) appears to give correct
behaviour.

So I'm in the situation where I need to rebuild 4 days work in the ARM
devel tree. ;(

--
Russell King
 maintainer of:  2.6 Serial core