Date:	Thu, 28 Sep 2006 17:52:06 -0700
From:	Sukadev Bhattiprolu <sukadev@...ibm.com>
To:	Jesse Brandeburg <jesse.brandeburg@...il.com>
Cc:	Auke Kok <auke-jan.h.kok@...el.com>, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Network problem with 2.6.18-mm1 ?

Jesse Brandeburg [jesse.brandeburg@...il.com] wrote:
| On 9/28/06, Sukadev Bhattiprolu <sukadev@...ibm.com> wrote:
| >Thanks. See below for additional info
| >
| >Auke Kok [auke-jan.h.kok@...el.com] wrote:

| It seems you're having interrupt delivery problems or interrupts are
| getting lost.
| rx_missed_errors indicates frames that were dropped due to the e1000
| adapter's fifo getting full and over flowing.
| >rx_no_buffer_count: 310
| >rx_missed_errors: 5865
| rx_no_buffer_count indicates that the driver didn't return buffers to
| the hardware soon enough, but the hardware was able to store the
| packet (at the time of reception) in the fifo to try again.
|
| Both these indicate to me that there is something wrong with
| interrupts.  Maybe interrupt sharing
|
| can you possibly try a back to back connection with another linux box
| and run tcpdump on both ends then ping?  it will tell us if traffic is
| truely getting out and coming in okay.

Unfortunately, I can't try this week, but can try it early next week.

| also please send output of lspci -vv and cat /proc/interrupts

lspci-vv.out is attached. Here is the /proc/interrupts:

$ cat /proc/interrupts

           CPU0       CPU1
  0:      18316          0   IO-APIC-edge     timer
  2:          0          0    XT-PIC-level    cascade
  4:       1023          0   IO-APIC-edge     serial
  8:          0          0   IO-APIC-edge     rtc
 17:       3380          0   IO-APIC-fasteoi  libata
 19:        174          0   IO-APIC-fasteoi  ohci_hcd:usb1, ohci_hcd:usb2
 28:          0          0   IO-APIC-fasteoi  eth0
NMI:         96         35
LOC:      18251      18524
ERR:          0

View attachment "lspci-vv.txt" of type "text/plain" (10433 bytes)