Date:	Mon, 2 Oct 2006 19:16:45 +0100 (BST)
From:	Christian Kujau <evil@...ouse.de>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
cc:	christopher.leech@...el.com
Subject: CONFIG_DMA_ENGINE helptext

Hello,

I was wondering what CONFIG_DMA_ENGINE is about and the only hint I
found was this: http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/9/25/285

That's why I was about to send the attached patch. However, from looking
at the comments in drivers/dma/dmaengine.c, it seems to be about
non-HW-specific DMA support:

"This code implements the DMA subsystem. It provides a HW-neutral
  interface for other kernel code to use asynchronous memory copy
  capabilities"

Because I don't know anything about the innards of DMA, can someone
please enlighten me what this knob is for and why one should enable it?

Thanks,
Christian.
--
BOFH excuse #94:

Internet outage
View attachment "Kconfig-DMA_ENGINE-2.6.18.diff" of type "TEXT/plain" (680 bytes)