Date:	Wed, 4 Oct 2006 19:08:14 +0300
From:	"S.Çağlar Onur" <caglar@...dus.org.tr>
To:	Andi Kleen <ak@....de>
Cc:	john stultz <johnstul@...ibm.com>, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [Ops] 2.6.18

04 Eki 2006 Çar 17:47 tarihinde, Andi Kleen şunları yazmıştı:
> > For every 10 reboots first one occurs at least 6 times, 3 times second
> > one occurs and for last it boots :)
>
> I assume it must be something specific to your configuration
> or setup.
>
> If plain 2.6.18 was that unstable we would be flooded in reports.
> But that's not the case.  I also definitely don't see it on any of my
> systems (except that if you use PIT time source on a multi core system
> things break on i386)

I think you misunderstand me or i cant explain well :(, plain 2.6.18 boots on
these system without a problem but same kernel in vmware oopses. Of course
this can be a just a vmware problem but i can reproduce this behaviour (same
kernel boots real system but oopes in vmware with same output) with 3
different normal desktop PC's and two different vmware server version.

> Perhaps you list your setup and your configuration and a boot log
> for the working case?

Ok, I'll send all configurations and logs

> I also I would really recommend to do the make
> distclean ; recompile step I mentioned earlier.

Ok, I'll listen you and will recompile asap:)

Cherrs
--
S.Çağlar Onur <caglar@...dus.org.tr>
http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~caglar/

Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates and an Apache in house!