Date:	Fri, 20 Oct 2006 05:25:00 -0700
From:	"Pallipadi, Venkatesh" <venkatesh.pallipadi@...el.com>
To:	Sune Mølgaard <sune@...gaard.org>
Cc:	"Jiri Slaby" <jirislaby@...il.com>,
	<linux-acpi@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: RE: speedstep-centrino: ENODEV

rnel/cpu/cpufreq/speedstep-centrino.ko):
>No such device
>sune@...melise:~$
>
>But nothing in dmesg, which is attached.

Puzzling..
Just to make sure, do you have CPU_FREQ_DEBUG enabled in your config and boot parameter? There are a bunch of dprintk debug messages in speedstep_centrino that should get printed in this case..
Do you have est flag displayed in your /proc/cpuinfo under flags?