Date:	Sat, 21 Oct 2006 16:14:10 +1000
From:	Nick Piggin <nickpiggin@...oo.com.au>
To:	Paul Jackson <pj@....com>
CC:	akpm@...l.org, mbligh@...gle.com, menage@...gle.com,
	Simon.Derr@...l.net, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, dino@...ibm.com,
	rohitseth@...gle.com, holt@....com, dipankar@...ibm.com,
	suresh.b.siddha@...el.com, clameter@....com
Subject: Re: [RFC] cpuset: add interface to isolated cpus

Paul Jackson wrote:
> Nick wrote:
>
>>Or, another question, how does my patch hijack cpus_allowed? In
>>what way does it change the semantics of cpus_allowed?
>

> It limits load balancing for tasks in cpusets containing
> a superset of that cpusets cpus.
>
> There are always such cpusets - the top cpuset if no other.

Ah OK, and there is my misunderstanding with cpusets. From the
documentation it appears as though cpu_exclusive cpusets are
made in order to do the partitioning thing.

If you always have other domains overlapping them (regardless
that it is a parent), then what actual use does cpu_exclusive
flag have?

--
SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.