Date:	Wed, 25 Oct 2006 22:28:02 +1000
From:	"Michael" <michael.sallaway@...il.com>
To:	<ray-gmail@...rabbit.org>
Cc:	<linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: RE: PROBLEM: Oops when doing disk heavy disk I/O

Well, what do you know -- that seems to have fixed it! I took out one stick
of RAM (so it's down to 1 gig) and it seems to work fine, now, without any
boot parameters or anything. (mind you, murphy's law will dictate that it'll
crash about 30 seconds after I send this...)

I'm amazed at that -- but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth,
this has been frustrating me for far too long. :-)

Although, having said that, I'm curious... It is working because there's
only 1 gig of RAM in there, or because it's only a single stick (ie. not
dual-channel)? It works fine with both sticks, individually, just not both
together... I wonder what the cause of it actually is...

Thanks heaps for the suggestion!

Cheers,
Michael