Date:	Sun, 5 Nov 2006 22:33:58 +0100
From:	"Nicolas FR" <nicolasfr@...il.com>
To:	"Alan Cox" <alan@...rguk.ukuu.org.uk>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: sc3200 cpu + apm module kernel crash

I have finally traced down the bug (Tatung webpad TWN-5213CU with SC3200 CPU):

- in apm_mainloop there is an for(;;) loop, which set a
scheduler_timeout (1second) and then calls apm_event_handler().

- apm_event_handler does some checks and calls check_events();

- check_events has a loop:
	while ((event = get_event()) != 0) { switch (event) {...} }

The module was "crashing" on my box because it keeps on receiving
events=APM_UPDATE_TIME meaning that it would never get out of the
while() loop in check_events. I need to do some tests but I might
simply fix this by ignoring APM_UPDATE_TIME events. I first thought
replacing the "while ((event = get_event()) != 0)" by an "if ((event =
get_event()) != 0)" but maybe I would miss other events doing this?

Best regards,
Nicolas.

PS: btw, thanks for your email that's really nice to answer every
message on this mailing list.