Date:	Wed, 15 Nov 2006 10:06:23 -0800
From:	"Pallipadi, Venkatesh" <venkatesh.pallipadi@...el.com>
To:	"Mattia Dongili" <malattia@...ux.it>
Cc:	<ego@...ibm.com>, "Reuben Farrelly" <reuben-linuxkernel@...b.net>,
	"Andrew Morton" <akpm@...l.org>, <davej@...hat.com>,
	<linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	"Sadykov, Denis M" <denis.m.sadykov@...el.com>
Subject: RE: 2.6.19-rc5-mm2

The variable is set few lines before. So, it should be OK to switch on
that
variable set and one of the two cases will execute. isn't it? Or am
I missing something?

>Unfortunately I don't have enough knowledge to tell if it's simply
>necessary to fix the switch variable as

Get_cur_freq_on_cpu will not work on SYSTEM_IO space as ACPI does not
have an interface to get the current frequency. It only has a interface
to say whether the last transitions tried was successful or not.
So, if indeed a change in switch is required, first option should be
good...

Thanks,
Venki